- In Transit’s Content Is On the Move April 23, 2015Features for this blog can now be found on the new In Transit webpage and on the Travel home page.
- A Book Fair in Buenos Aires April 14, 2015The Buenos Aires International Book Fair in Argentina will include more than 500 exhibitors.
- Walkabout: China Limits Travel to Hong Kong April 13, 2015A weekly capsule of travel news curated by our writers and editors.
- Trending: Inspired by TV, Trips an Anglophile Would Love April 11, 2015The popularity of recent television series and movies like “Downton Abbey” and “Paddington” has inspired Anglophile-focused travel.
- A Hotel Where Guests Are Pals With the Pen April 10, 2015During National Card and Letter Writing Month, the Hotel Hugo in New York City is encouraging guests to send notes to folks back home (cards are free).
- History in Bloom in Bulgaria April 10, 2015A festival In Kazanlak, Bulgaria, in June will celebrate the Damask rose grown in the country.
- Wine Study, by Barge, in Burgundy April 9, 2015The luxury tour operator Belmond is offering a Wine Academy on three Burgundy-based barges.
- New Hikes in Sonoma April 9, 2015A new trail in California will give hikers access to parts of Sonoma Mountain for the first time.
- Airbnb Offers Accommodations in Cuba April 7, 2015Airbnb, the home and room rental company, has added properties in Cuba for U.S. travelers.
- A Six Senses Resort to Open in Portugal April 7, 2015Six Senses Resorts and Spas will open a property in Portugal this summer, its first in Europe.
- In Transit’s Content Is On the Move April 23, 2015
Monthly Archives: January 2011
The Baltimore is on an eastern course, just south of the Aleutian Islands. There is a strong northeast wind that has stirred the ocean up, and added about 2 knots to the ship’s speed. It is also causing the ship … Continue reading
January 18 – The Baltimore was scheduled to leave last Sunday at 8 pm. Over the course of the weekend the departure time was adjusted forward and back at least twice. I finally boarded Sunday at 3:30 pm but the … Continue reading
This is the kind of day that makes Seattle look good in a rearview mirror. (Thanks Elizabeth for the photo of the Baltimore taking on fuel). I’ll be incommunicado for the next few weeks as the ship doesn’t offer Internet connectivity.
According to vessel tracking site sailwx.info, the Hanjin Baltimore is offshore near the mouth of the Columbia River, heading north. It will reach Port Angeles in the Strait of Juan de Fuca at about 9 pm, where it will take … Continue reading