- In Transit’s Content Is On the Move April 23, 2015Features for this blog can now be found on the new In Transit webpage and on the Travel home page.
- A Book Fair in Buenos Aires April 14, 2015The Buenos Aires International Book Fair in Argentina will include more than 500 exhibitors.
- Walkabout: China Limits Travel to Hong Kong April 13, 2015A weekly capsule of travel news curated by our writers and editors.
- Trending: Inspired by TV, Trips an Anglophile Would Love April 11, 2015The popularity of recent television series and movies like “Downton Abbey” and “Paddington” has inspired Anglophile-focused travel.
- A Hotel Where Guests Are Pals With the Pen April 10, 2015During National Card and Letter Writing Month, the Hotel Hugo in New York City is encouraging guests to send notes to folks back home (cards are free).
- History in Bloom in Bulgaria April 10, 2015A festival In Kazanlak, Bulgaria, in June will celebrate the Damask rose grown in the country.
- Wine Study, by Barge, in Burgundy April 9, 2015The luxury tour operator Belmond is offering a Wine Academy on three Burgundy-based barges.
- New Hikes in Sonoma April 9, 2015A new trail in California will give hikers access to parts of Sonoma Mountain for the first time.
- Airbnb Offers Accommodations in Cuba April 7, 2015Airbnb, the home and room rental company, has added properties in Cuba for U.S. travelers.
- A Six Senses Resort to Open in Portugal April 7, 2015Six Senses Resorts and Spas will open a property in Portugal this summer, its first in Europe.
- In Transit’s Content Is On the Move April 23, 2015
Monthly Archives: April 2011
I have 22 Gigs worth of pictures and videos from my trip; they gotta go somewhere …
US Immigration and Naturalization stations officials at Shannon who check passengers through US customs before leaving Ireland. One of them, after thumbing through my passport, welcomes me home, which feels good. Aer Lingus took me from Shannon Airport to … Continue reading
Before leaving Galway, I booked a flight on Aer Lingus to John F. Kennedy Airport in New York, from Shannon Airport near Limerick. I gave myself one night in Limerick and travelled there by bus. I wanted a stopover at … Continue reading
My hotel is on the Dublin Road, some distance from the town center, which is annoying because the town center is the place to be in Galway. I can ride the bus into town or pay €10 for a taxi … Continue reading
John missed breakfast but turned up at the Killarney train station to see me off, wearing the same clothes from two nights ago, which are paint splattered as he’s working on opening a business catering to young tourists. He’s humming … Continue reading