- In Transit’s Content Is On the Move April 23, 2015Features for this blog can now be found on the new In Transit webpage and on the Travel home page.
- A Book Fair in Buenos Aires April 14, 2015The Buenos Aires International Book Fair in Argentina will include more than 500 exhibitors.
- Walkabout: China Limits Travel to Hong Kong April 13, 2015A weekly capsule of travel news curated by our writers and editors.
- Trending: Inspired by TV, Trips an Anglophile Would Love April 11, 2015The popularity of recent television series and movies like “Downton Abbey” and “Paddington” has inspired Anglophile-focused travel.
- A Hotel Where Guests Are Pals With the Pen April 10, 2015During National Card and Letter Writing Month, the Hotel Hugo in New York City is encouraging guests to send notes to folks back home (cards are free).
- History in Bloom in Bulgaria April 10, 2015A festival In Kazanlak, Bulgaria, in June will celebrate the Damask rose grown in the country.
- Wine Study, by Barge, in Burgundy April 9, 2015The luxury tour operator Belmond is offering a Wine Academy on three Burgundy-based barges.
- New Hikes in Sonoma April 9, 2015A new trail in California will give hikers access to parts of Sonoma Mountain for the first time.
- Airbnb Offers Accommodations in Cuba April 7, 2015Airbnb, the home and room rental company, has added properties in Cuba for U.S. travelers.
- A Six Senses Resort to Open in Portugal April 7, 2015Six Senses Resorts and Spas will open a property in Portugal this summer, its first in Europe.
- In Transit’s Content Is On the Move April 23, 2015
Category Archives: Travel Writing
I have been getting around flat, compact Copenhagen on foot for the most part. I haven’t bothered learning the public transportation systems because most of what I have wanted to see is easily reachable on foot from the Vesterbro area … Continue reading
My final day in Florence was unstructured. I hung around the Villa Carlotta until checkout time, then left my bag and went out to kill eleven hours until my train left for Paris at 10: 12 pm. Another sensational Spring … Continue reading
The ferry from Patras put me in Ancona, Italy and there isn’t too much to say about that town. It is a small seaport with and 2 other ferries tied up at the docks. The ferries are quite large but … Continue reading
I’m on the Superfast VI ferry travelling between Patras and Ancona, Italy on the Adriatic. I booked a four-berth outside cabin and have lucked out as there are no other passengers in it. Having the four passenger cabin to myself … Continue reading
On my last day in town I visited the Istanbul Archeological Museums. It is probably a bad idea to visit a museum when you face a deadline for checking out of your hotel and an afternoon flight. These things distracted … Continue reading
The Year of No Flying blog chronicles a couple’s year spent travelling around the world while avoiding airplanes, in order to to reduce their carbon travel footprints. Their trip began in Seattle where they boarded a container ship, the MV Hanjin Madrid, for a September, 2009 … Continue reading