- In Transit’s Content Is On the Move April 23, 2015Features for this blog can now be found on the new In Transit webpage and on the Travel home page.
- A Book Fair in Buenos Aires April 14, 2015The Buenos Aires International Book Fair in Argentina will include more than 500 exhibitors.
- Walkabout: China Limits Travel to Hong Kong April 13, 2015A weekly capsule of travel news curated by our writers and editors.
- Trending: Inspired by TV, Trips an Anglophile Would Love April 11, 2015The popularity of recent television series and movies like “Downton Abbey” and “Paddington” has inspired Anglophile-focused travel.
- A Hotel Where Guests Are Pals With the Pen April 10, 2015During National Card and Letter Writing Month, the Hotel Hugo in New York City is encouraging guests to send notes to folks back home (cards are free).
- History in Bloom in Bulgaria April 10, 2015A festival In Kazanlak, Bulgaria, in June will celebrate the Damask rose grown in the country.
- Wine Study, by Barge, in Burgundy April 9, 2015The luxury tour operator Belmond is offering a Wine Academy on three Burgundy-based barges.
- New Hikes in Sonoma April 9, 2015A new trail in California will give hikers access to parts of Sonoma Mountain for the first time.
- Airbnb Offers Accommodations in Cuba April 7, 2015Airbnb, the home and room rental company, has added properties in Cuba for U.S. travelers.
- A Six Senses Resort to Open in Portugal April 7, 2015Six Senses Resorts and Spas will open a property in Portugal this summer, its first in Europe.
- In Transit’s Content Is On the Move April 23, 2015
Category Archives: Uncategorized
February 6 – We arrived in Yantian yesterday afternoon. It shares part of its harbor approach with Hong Kong. The Hong Kong portions are marked with a line of buoys and a customs station floats among them. The approach to … Continue reading
February 5 – Drills are a regular part of life aboard ship. Yesterday was the emergency evacuation drill. When the alarm sounded I grabbed the life-preserver stowed in my cabin and went downstairs to the “A” deck evacuation area on … Continue reading
February 4 – We are drifting again today, this time in the South China Sea east of Hong Kong. It’s a beautiful warm day with a light breeze. On my mid-day constitutional I saw a whale passing port to starboard … Continue reading
February 2 – We were underway as of 6:45 am, but again idled shortly thereafter. Latitude: 30°42’35.11″N; Longitude: 125°11’16.92″E. I have learned that our idleness is intentional: The ship is killing time until its berth is open in Yantian, and … Continue reading
February 1 – The ship has been idling in the East China Sea for the last 12 hours. With the GPS feature on my camera and Google Earth, I know our precise location: Latitude 30°47’50.10″N, Longitude 125°20’4.32″E. Nobody on the … Continue reading