My 180,000 Alaska Airlines miles, methodically accumulated mostly in 500 mile segments, are proving worthless for this trip. Alaska doesn’t fly in the Far East and their travel partners there (Korean Airlines and Cathay Pacific) offer limited options for intra-Asia flights. Guangzhou, China to Hanoi, Vietnam is not one of them.
- In Transit’s Content Is On the Move April 23, 2015Features for this blog can now be found on the new In Transit webpage and on the Travel home page.
- A Book Fair in Buenos Aires April 14, 2015The Buenos Aires International Book Fair in Argentina will include more than 500 exhibitors.
- Walkabout: China Limits Travel to Hong Kong April 13, 2015A weekly capsule of travel news curated by our writers and editors.
- Trending: Inspired by TV, Trips an Anglophile Would Love April 11, 2015The popularity of recent television series and movies like “Downton Abbey” and “Paddington” has inspired Anglophile-focused travel.
- A Hotel Where Guests Are Pals With the Pen April 10, 2015During National Card and Letter Writing Month, the Hotel Hugo in New York City is encouraging guests to send notes to folks back home (cards are free).
- History in Bloom in Bulgaria April 10, 2015A festival In Kazanlak, Bulgaria, in June will celebrate the Damask rose grown in the country.
- Wine Study, by Barge, in Burgundy April 9, 2015The luxury tour operator Belmond is offering a Wine Academy on three Burgundy-based barges.
- New Hikes in Sonoma April 9, 2015A new trail in California will give hikers access to parts of Sonoma Mountain for the first time.
- Airbnb Offers Accommodations in Cuba April 7, 2015Airbnb, the home and room rental company, has added properties in Cuba for U.S. travelers.
- A Six Senses Resort to Open in Portugal April 7, 2015Six Senses Resorts and Spas will open a property in Portugal this summer, its first in Europe.
- In Transit’s Content Is On the Move April 23, 2015